‘Children grow in confidence and quickly gain the skills they need for their future learning. They learn to get along well together and show concern for their friends.’ 2019 Ofsted report
Honeycroft nursery provides high-quality, low-cost care for children aged 2-5 years in an inclusive and stimulating environment. Open from 08:00 – 18:00 Monday – Fridays, 48 weeks of the year, Honeycroft provides flexible hours and add-on options to suit parents and carers needs.
Click here for an example snack menu.
The nursery benefits from a large open-planned space with a high ceiling that provides lots of natural light. The space is divided into different learning areas to support free play and the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework which supports each child’s development and learning. In addition, children make use of a sensory room, soft play space and outside learning area.
Staff get to know children well and make accurate assessments of their development. They monitor their progress closely and quickly identify where children are doing well and where they may need more help. They put support in place and use any additional funding well to help children catch up where appropriate. 2019 Ofsted report
The team are led by our Learning Lead Practitioner to plan themed activities for each half term to support growth and development. Activities cover all key EYFS areas; communication and language, physical development, personal, social and emotional development, literacy, mathematics, understanding the world; and expressive arts and design, and the staff consider child’s needs and interests to plan challenging and enjoyable learning experiences under each area of learning.
We use an online platform called Tapestry to document each child’s personal learning journey with photos, video observations and comments in line with the EYFS building a record of their progress. Individual logins allow parents and carers to view and comment as their child develops and learns.
Find out more here: https://tapestry.info/
Our Early Years’ Team will use their professional knowledge to understand your child’s level of development. If we have any concerns about your child’s progress, we will discuss these with you.
Three formal assessments take place during the EYFS:
- Two-Year Progress Check (this will happen between the ages of 24 to 36 months
- Nursery Baseline Assessment (4-6 weeks from your child’s starting date)
- Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (in the form of regular observations on your child’s Tapestry account):
- Focus child – your child’s keyworker will observe and assess your child in their chosen week, adding in depth observations on Tapestry, with clear next steps. All observations will be linked to all 7 areas of learning as well as to the Characteristics of effective Teaching and Learning.
- Personal Profile – at the end of each term your child’s keyworker will complete ‘Personal profile’ for your child, capturing the uniqueness of your child, highlighting their strengths and areas for development